Every user or group can check their disk quota with the command quota. This command produces a report that contains information for all file systems listed in the /etc/fstab. Give the command quota -u (for user quota) or quota -g (for group quota) or a combination to obtain this information. If no quotas are set, the command quota -u results in the following output:
Disk quotas for dsnjaro (uid 503):none
If quotas have been set, the output looks like:
Disk quotas for user dsnjaro (uid 503): File system blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace /dev/hda3 49 100 110 30 0 0Only the system administrator can use either of the commands:
quota -u < quota <-g <group-id>Quota is working very well for me in my work, where there are approximately 300 users on our system.
Free Webinar: Linux Backup and Recovery
Most companies incorporate backup procedures for critical data, which can be restored quickly if a loss occurs. However, fewer companies are prepared for catastrophic system failures, in which they lose all data, the entire operating system, applications, settings, patches and more, reducing their system(s) to “bare metal.” After all, before data can be restored to a system, there must be a system to restore it to.
In this one hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for better disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible bare-metal recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
|Trying to Tame the Tablet||May 08, 2013|
- RSS Feeds
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- New Products
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Home, My Backup Data Center
- Download the Free Red Hat White Paper "Using an Open Source Framework to Catch the Bad Guy"
- Android is Linux -- why no better inter-operation
16 min 39 sec ago
- Connecting Android device to desktop Linux via USB
45 min 9 sec ago
- Find new cell phone and tablet pc
1 hour 43 min ago
3 hours 12 min ago
- Automatically updating Guest Additions
4 hours 20 min ago
- I like your topic on android
5 hours 7 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
5 hours 28 min ago
- This is the easiest tutorial
11 hours 42 min ago
- Ahh, the Koolaid.
17 hours 21 min ago
- git-annex assistant
23 hours 20 min ago