Using Linux at Lectra-Systèmes
The experience of the new Lectra range shows it is possible to build an industrial solution under Linux. The system is stable and powerful. It is possible to gather a wide range of information thanks to the Internet, which has proved to have the highest performance in technical support. Having system source code makes it possible to develop more functions more easily (e.g., material drivers or individual protocols, specific file systems).
The new orientations announced during the last Linux congress in Berlin (improvement of the Virtual File System, optimisation of the EXT2 file system, the Wabi MS Windows emulator, multi-processor support, adoption of Linux by Digital) assures us Linux has acquired much industrial maturity.
Furthermore, the choice of a PC platform allows us to offer customers industrial and administrative applications on the same machine.
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and not of the Lectra-Systemes company.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database