X-CD-Roast: CD Writer Software
There you have the rudimentary basics of X-CD-Roast. Keep in mind that X-CD-Roast is just a front end to a lot of utilities, and at this time, is quite limited compared with the command-line interface of those utilities. I will be developing new versions to add new features such as multi-session on most writers, bootable CD-support, mastering without image-creation on a hard disk and more. Please also check out cdrecord, which can be found at ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord. It is command-line based, but supports a lot of CD writers. A future version of X-CD-Roast will use cdrecord instead of the older cdwrite.
For more information about CD writing under Linux, consult the documentation for X-CD-Roast, cdwrite, mkisofs and cdda2wav. I thank all of the great people who put a lot of effort into coding the basic utilities X-CD-Roast uses. Keep up the good work.
An older version of this article was first published in the German language Linux Magazine, Issue 11, November 1996.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Mixtapes Community
3 hours 55 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
4 hours 29 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
4 hours 58 min ago
6 hours 52 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
8 hours 12 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
10 hours 46 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
11 hours 42 min ago
- It's Jupiter
1 day 2 hours ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
1 day 3 hours ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 7 hours ago