X-CD-Roast: CD Writer Software
There you have the rudimentary basics of X-CD-Roast. Keep in mind that X-CD-Roast is just a front end to a lot of utilities, and at this time, is quite limited compared with the command-line interface of those utilities. I will be developing new versions to add new features such as multi-session on most writers, bootable CD-support, mastering without image-creation on a hard disk and more. Please also check out cdrecord, which can be found at ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord. It is command-line based, but supports a lot of CD writers. A future version of X-CD-Roast will use cdrecord instead of the older cdwrite.
For more information about CD writing under Linux, consult the documentation for X-CD-Roast, cdwrite, mkisofs and cdda2wav. I thank all of the great people who put a lot of effort into coding the basic utilities X-CD-Roast uses. Keep up the good work.
An older version of this article was first published in the German language Linux Magazine, Issue 11, November 1996.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!