X-CD-Roast: CD Writer Software
There you have the rudimentary basics of X-CD-Roast. Keep in mind that X-CD-Roast is just a front end to a lot of utilities, and at this time, is quite limited compared with the command-line interface of those utilities. I will be developing new versions to add new features such as multi-session on most writers, bootable CD-support, mastering without image-creation on a hard disk and more. Please also check out cdrecord, which can be found at ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix/cdrecord. It is command-line based, but supports a lot of CD writers. A future version of X-CD-Roast will use cdrecord instead of the older cdwrite.
For more information about CD writing under Linux, consult the documentation for X-CD-Roast, cdwrite, mkisofs and cdda2wav. I thank all of the great people who put a lot of effort into coding the basic utilities X-CD-Roast uses. Keep up the good work.
An older version of this article was first published in the German language Linux Magazine, Issue 11, November 1996.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Numerical Python
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer