The time spent in configuring Linux on a portable and porting our software to it has certainly proven worthwhile. The machine has been used to give demonstrations at customers' sites with great ease, including two tours in the US and Canada. We are also working on engineering projects at customer sites and using the machine for a three day training course, held at the customer's site Our group members regularly take the machine home for the weekend when it's not being used by anyone else! Some of our customers are: Philips in the Netherlands, OKI in Japan, Kodak and Xerox in the US. Outside the field of microelectronic General Motors in the US is also using NORMAN/DEBORA.
The marketing and further commercial development of the package is handled by Numerical Integration Technologies (NIT), the leading company in the field of software for acoustic engineering.
As it hardly does any marketing itself, Linux usually enters a commercial organization through its supporters. A lot of them are software engineers, and they can have a hard time convincing their managers Linux is a viable and even superior solution. Therefore we want to thank the many programmers who have been developing the system and its application software. We intend to continue porting our software to the system at NIT.
Erwin Glassee has been a Unix software engineer for two years. He formerly worked at IMEC, and is now working at NIT.
Rudi Cartuyvels works at IMEC.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- Wine 1.8 Released