Creating Animations with POV-Ray
A wealth of information exists on POV-Ray. The best place to start is the POV web site, http://www.povray.org/. Although the site has recently been downsized, follow the link to the back issues of POVZINE, a webzine devoted to POV. A POV CD-ROM is available, as well as several books on ray tracing, some specific to POV. GIFMerge has a really neat home page (containing compiled binaries) at http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~kiwi/GIFMerge/.
Andy Vaught is currently a PhD candidate in computational physics at Arizona State University, and has been running Linux since 1.1. He enjoys flying with the Civil Air Patrol as well as skiing. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS