NEdit is available under GPL as source or static linked Motif binary from: ftp://ftp.fnal.gov/KITS/pub/NEdit/v4_0_1/. Building from source requires Motif libraries, not at present available as freeware. NEdit is on the LessTiff test suite, and so it should be one of the first large applications to run under this free Motif workalike.
Two discussion groups are NEdit_discuss and NEdit_announce, available by sending e-mail to email@example.com containing either subscribe nedit_discuss or subscribe nedit_announce in the text. To unsubscribe, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with either unsubscribe nedit_discuss or unsubscribe nedit_announce in the body of the e-mail.
Dan Wilder is a computer-literate young man who lives in Seattle, Washington. He devotes his spare time to collecting text editors and Eiffel compilers, and taking care of his mother-in-law's small apple orchard. Dan may be reached by e-mail as email@example.com.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software