Upgrading the Linux Kernel
There are a few other packages you may want to upgrade at this point. Among them are gcc, libraries, and the X Window System. However, the old versions will work with the newer kernels, and upgrading is not necessary for running Linux 1.2.1.
If you have any comments about this article or suggestions for future articles, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Komarinski graduated from Clarkson University (in very cold Potsdam, NY) with a degree in computer science and technical communication. He now lives in Troy, NY, spending much of his free time working for the Department of Veterans Affairs where he is a programmer.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer