TYAN is targeting its newly released S8225 Workstation Motherboard at graphics workstation and personal supercomputing applications. The power-efficient S8225 supports two six-core AMD Opteron 4100 series processors and up to four double-wide PCI-E 2.0 GPGPU compute accelerators. Additional features include four 1-Gbit Ethernet ports, integrated support for IPMI 2.0, an optional LSI 2008 SAS controller, integrated audio, IEEE 1394a headers and TPM 1.2 support in an EATX 12" x 13" form factor.
Illumination Software Creator from Radical Breeze makes application development not only accessible to everyone but also “just plain fun”. Now in version 3.0, this cross-platform, 100% visual application creation suite allows even those with absolutely no programming experience to visually design and create their own software applications that run on a wide variety of platforms. This latest version adds support for native iPhone and iPad applications using the exact same projects that already build for Android, Flash and so on. Apps produced for iOS platforms by Illumination Software Creator are able to be submitted to the iTunes App Store. Support for Windows Phone 7 applications is coming soon. Illumination Software Creator is available on on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X platforms.
Please send information about releases of Linux-related products to firstname.lastname@example.org or New Products c/o Linux Journal, PO Box 980985, Houston, TX 77098. Submissions are edited for length and content.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Firefox OS