Augmented Reality with HTML5
But you could just as easily have written the whole application in Dalvik, so what is the advantage of writing part in HTML5? Here are the advantages:
If you were writing a real application, the HTML5 part would be (relatively) portable to other platforms. You wouldn't have to rewrite it to port to, say, the iPhone. In the example, the HTML5 part is pretty small, but in principle, it could be much larger.
You could have kept the HTML5 part of the application on a remote HTTP server, to be updated whenever the app is run, without requiring the user to download an update.
If your application displayed information from the Web, it could be argued that HTML5 is a more natural place for Web interaction than Dalvik.
Compass card graphics adapted from commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Compass.svg.
Rick Rogers has been a professional embedded developer for more than 30 years. Now specializing in mobile application software, when Rick isn't writing software for a living, he's writing books and magazine articles like this one. He welcomes feedback on the article at email@example.com.
Rick Rogers has been a professional embedded developer for more than 30 years. Now specializing in mobile application software, when Rick isn't writing software for a living, he's writing books and magazine articles like this one.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Mars Needs Women
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Linux Systems Administrator
- The kernel doesn't really
10 hours 5 min ago
10 hours 36 min ago
10 hours 36 min ago
12 hours 41 min ago
- This should be very helpful
13 hours 55 min ago
- As much as I share your point
16 hours 15 min ago
- So girls had it better ?
19 hours 46 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
20 hours 6 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
1 day 1 hour ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
1 day 6 hours ago