Augmented Reality with HTML5
But you could just as easily have written the whole application in Dalvik, so what is the advantage of writing part in HTML5? Here are the advantages:
If you were writing a real application, the HTML5 part would be (relatively) portable to other platforms. You wouldn't have to rewrite it to port to, say, the iPhone. In the example, the HTML5 part is pretty small, but in principle, it could be much larger.
You could have kept the HTML5 part of the application on a remote HTTP server, to be updated whenever the app is run, without requiring the user to download an update.
If your application displayed information from the Web, it could be argued that HTML5 is a more natural place for Web interaction than Dalvik.
Compass card graphics adapted from commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Compass.svg.
Rick Rogers has been a professional embedded developer for more than 30 years. Now specializing in mobile application software, when Rick isn't writing software for a living, he's writing books and magazine articles like this one. He welcomes feedback on the article at email@example.com.
Rick Rogers has been a professional embedded developer for more than 30 years. Now specializing in mobile application software, when Rick isn't writing software for a living, he's writing books and magazine articles like this one.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Linux Systems Administrator
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- So girls had it better ?
17 min 39 sec ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
37 min 46 sec ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
6 hours 10 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
11 hours 12 min ago
11 hours 32 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
11 hours 57 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
12 hours 10 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
17 hours 49 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
18 hours 23 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
18 hours 52 min ago