Work the Shell - Generating Turn-by-Turn Driving Directions
Feb 01, 2011 By Dave Taylor
Maps? We don't need no stinking maps. With bash and a few command-line utilities, we can extract the textual driving instructions from an on-line map source and dispense with all those pesky GUI maps.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Transitioning to Python 3
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Stepping into Science
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Journal December 2016
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Radio Free Linux
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault