Work the Shell - Generating Turn-by-Turn Driving Directions
Feb 01, 2011 By Dave Taylor
Maps? We don't need no stinking maps. With bash and a few command-line utilities, we can extract the textual driving instructions from an on-line map source and dispense with all those pesky GUI maps.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux