Work the Shell - Generating Turn-by-Turn Driving Directions
Feb 01, 2011 By Dave Taylor
Maps? We don't need no stinking maps. With bash and a few command-line utilities, we can extract the textual driving instructions from an on-line map source and dispense with all those pesky GUI maps.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds