Work the Shell - Generating Turn-by-Turn Driving Directions
Feb 01, 2011 By Dave Taylor
Maps? We don't need no stinking maps. With bash and a few command-line utilities, we can extract the textual driving instructions from an on-line map source and dispense with all those pesky GUI maps.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- RSS Feeds
- EdgeRouter Lite
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Developers Poll