Work the Shell - Generating Turn-by-Turn Driving Directions
Feb 01, 2011 By Dave Taylor
Maps? We don't need no stinking maps. With bash and a few command-line utilities, we can extract the textual driving instructions from an on-line map source and dispense with all those pesky GUI maps.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Reducing Boot Time in Embedded Linux Systems
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep