Work the Shell - Scripting Common File Rename Operations
Jan 01, 2011 By Dave Taylor
If you find yourself always typing the same set of commands, it's time to write a script. This month, it's a script to rename and renumber files.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
- Secret Agent Man
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Own Your DNS Data
- Smoothwall Express
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- March 2017 Video Preview
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux