Work the Shell - Scripting Common File Rename Operations
Jan 01, 2011 By Dave Taylor
If you find yourself always typing the same set of commands, it's time to write a script. This month, it's a script to rename and renumber files.
Dave Taylor has been hacking shell scripts for over thirty years. Really. He's the author of the popular "Wicked Cool Shell Scripts" and can be found on Twitter as @DaveTaylor and more generally at www.DaveTaylorOnline.com.
|August 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming||Aug 01, 2014|
|August 2014 Video Preview||Aug 01, 2014|
|Open-Source Space||Jul 31, 2014|
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Data Acquisition with Comedi
- August 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Networking with the Printer Port
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Intro to Clojure on the Web
- Two Pi R
- From the Editor - Our Last Spam Issue?
- How a Corrupted USB Drive Was Saved by GNU/Linux