Paranoid Penguin - Building a Transparent Firewall with Linux, Part II
But, this is as far as I can take you this month. Next time, I'll begin showing how to configure networking, bridging and, of course, iptables on our transparent firewall.
If you can't wait until then, see the OpenWrt home page for more information, or if you're really adventurous, search the Web for other tutorials on creating transparent firewalls with OpenWrt. But, if I say so myself, we're off to a good start!
Home Page for the OpenWrt Project: www.openwrt.org
OpenWrt's Table of (Supported) Hardware: oldwiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware.html
Mick Bauer's “Building a Secure Squid Web Proxy, Part I”, LJ, April 2009: www.linuxjournal.com/article/10407
Mick Bauer's “Building a Secure Squid Web Proxy, Part II”, LJ, May 2009: www.linuxjournal.com/article/10433
Mick Bauer's “Building a Secure Squid Web Proxy, Part III”, LJ, July 2009: www.linuxjournal.com/article/10488
Mick Bauer's “Building a Secure Squid Web Proxy, Part IV”, LJ, August 2009: www.linuxjournal.com/article/10513
Mick Bauer (email@example.com) is Network Security Architect for one of the US's largest banks. He is the author of the O'Reilly book Linux Server Security, 2nd edition (formerly called Building Secure Servers With Linux), an occasional presenter at information security conferences and composer of the “Network Engineering Polka”.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Linux Systems Administrator
- The kernel doesn't really
3 hours 59 min ago
4 hours 30 min ago
4 hours 30 min ago
6 hours 35 min ago
- This should be very helpful
7 hours 49 min ago
- As much as I share your point
10 hours 9 min ago
- So girls had it better ?
13 hours 40 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
14 hours 53 sec ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
19 hours 33 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
1 day 36 min ago