Jan 01, 2011 By Bryan Childs
People unfamiliar with Rockbox often make the assumption that because it's an open-source project providing an operating system (or firmware) for digital audio players, it must be based on GNU/Linux. In this article, I set the record straight and tell you what Rockbox really is, and why you might be interested in it.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO
- Readers' Choice Awards
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Hodge Podge
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court