New Projects - Fresh from the Labs
Project at a Glance
Quantum Minigolf (quantumminigolf.sourceforge.net
I'm working alongside German developer Friedemann Reinhard to bring you this project next month. Quantum Minigolf is nearly the same as the game Minigolf, except that the ball obeys the laws of quantum mechanics. For instance, a ball can be at several places at once. It can diffract around obstacles and interfere with itself. Apart from that, the rules are the same. You can play on various tracks involving various obstacles. You hit the ball with a club and try to kick it into a hole on the other side of the track. I've played it already, and the concept is pretty wacky, I can tell you!
Brewing something fresh, innovative or mind-bending? Send e-mail to email@example.com.
John Knight is a 26-year-old, drumming- and climbing-obsessed maniac from the world's most isolated city—Perth, Western Australia. He can usually be found either buried in an Audacity screen or thrashing a kick-drum beyond recognition.
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO
- Readers' Choice Awards
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Two Ways GDPR Will Change Your Data Storage Solution
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Hodge Podge
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now