Real-Time Plots with kst and a Microcontroller
This article looks at real-time data plotting with an Arduino microcontroller and the kst viewer program on a Linux machine. Use this system as the basis of a more advanced setup with multiple inputs and sensors. The system also might expand to include wireless or battery operation. I didn't talk about sending data to the Arduino from the Linux notebook, so perhaps that will be a topic for a follow-up article.
Arduino Home Page: www.arduino.cc
Arduino IDE Download Page: www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
The Arduino IDE on Ubuntu Tutorial: www.codetorment.com/2009/11/02/tutorial-getting-started-with-arduino-ide-on-linux-ubuntu-9-10
Miles Burton Dallas Temperature Sensor Libraries: www.milesburton.com/index.php/Dallas_Temperature_Control_Library
- Smoothwall Express
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Ensono M.O.
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter