Real-Time Plots with kst and a Microcontroller
This article looks at real-time data plotting with an Arduino microcontroller and the kst viewer program on a Linux machine. Use this system as the basis of a more advanced setup with multiple inputs and sensors. The system also might expand to include wireless or battery operation. I didn't talk about sending data to the Arduino from the Linux notebook, so perhaps that will be a topic for a follow-up article.
Arduino Home Page: www.arduino.cc
Arduino IDE Download Page: www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
The Arduino IDE on Ubuntu Tutorial: www.codetorment.com/2009/11/02/tutorial-getting-started-with-arduino-ide-on-linux-ubuntu-9-10
Miles Burton Dallas Temperature Sensor Libraries: www.milesburton.com/index.php/Dallas_Temperature_Control_Library
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- HEC Montréal: Deployment of a Large-Scale Mail Installation
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server