Real-Time Plots with kst and a Microcontroller
This article looks at real-time data plotting with an Arduino microcontroller and the kst viewer program on a Linux machine. Use this system as the basis of a more advanced setup with multiple inputs and sensors. The system also might expand to include wireless or battery operation. I didn't talk about sending data to the Arduino from the Linux notebook, so perhaps that will be a topic for a follow-up article.
Arduino Home Page: www.arduino.cc
Arduino IDE Download Page: www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
The Arduino IDE on Ubuntu Tutorial: www.codetorment.com/2009/11/02/tutorial-getting-started-with-arduino-ide-on-linux-ubuntu-9-10
Miles Burton Dallas Temperature Sensor Libraries: www.milesburton.com/index.php/Dallas_Temperature_Control_Library
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
|Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security||Nov 13, 2015|
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Libreboot on an x60, Part II: the Installation
- November 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- How Will the Big Data Craze Play Out?
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment