At the Forge - NoSQL? I'd Prefer SomeSQL
It's hard to summarize all of the writing that has been done about NoSQL to date. Many videos and presentations from the NoSQL conference in mid-2009 are linked to from Johan Oskarsson's blog posting at blog.oskarsson.nu/2009/06/nosql-debrief.html.
For some interesting comments reacting to (and rejecting) the NoSQL movement, you might want to read one or more of the following: www.eflorenzano.com/blog/post/my-thoughts-nosql, cacm.acm.org/blogs/blog-cacm/50678-the-nosql-discussion-has-nothing-to-do-with-sql/fulltext, codemonkeyism.com/dark-side-nosql and bjclark.me/2009/08/04/nosql-if-only-it-was-that-easy.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database developer and consultant, is a PhD candidate in learning sciences at Northwestern University, studying on-line learning communities. He recently returned (with his wife and three children) to their home in Modi'in, Israel, after four years in the Chicago area.
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Netlist, Inc.'s HybriDIMM Storage Class Memory
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script