At the Forge - NoSQL? I'd Prefer SomeSQL
It's hard to summarize all of the writing that has been done about NoSQL to date. Many videos and presentations from the NoSQL conference in mid-2009 are linked to from Johan Oskarsson's blog posting at blog.oskarsson.nu/2009/06/nosql-debrief.html.
For some interesting comments reacting to (and rejecting) the NoSQL movement, you might want to read one or more of the following: www.eflorenzano.com/blog/post/my-thoughts-nosql, cacm.acm.org/blogs/blog-cacm/50678-the-nosql-discussion-has-nothing-to-do-with-sql/fulltext, codemonkeyism.com/dark-side-nosql and bjclark.me/2009/08/04/nosql-if-only-it-was-that-easy.
Reuven M. Lerner, a longtime Web/database developer and consultant, is a PhD candidate in learning sciences at Northwestern University, studying on-line learning communities. He recently returned (with his wife and three children) to their home in Modi'in, Israel, after four years in the Chicago area.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python