New Projects - Fresh from the Labs
Projects at a Glance
I'm dying to cover this project, but installing it is proving to be a pain! It sounds great though: “LiarLiar is a voice-stress analysis tool for Linux. Voice-stress analysis, an alternative to the polygraph as a method for lie detection, is already widely used in police and insurance fraud investigations. LiarLiar's main purpose is to detect stress in a person's voice. Higher stress levels can be an indication that the person is not being truthful.” I'm having problems with library requirements, and I can't reach the developers. If anyone out there can help get this working, please send me an e-mail!
I ran out of space this month, but I hope to cover this next time. Any creative writers should check this project out. “Storybook is a free (open-source) novel-writing tool for creative writers, novelists and authors which will help you to keep an overview of multiple plot lines while writing books, novels or other written works.” It can store all the information about your characters and locations in one place, as well as manage chapters, scenes, characters and locations.
Brewing something fresh, innovative or mind-bending? Send e-mail to email@example.com.
John Knight is a 25-year-old, drumming- and climbing-obsessed maniac from the world's most isolated city—Perth, Western Australia. He can usually be found either buried in an Audacity screen or thrashing a kick-drum beyond recognition.
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Giving Silos Their Due
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal