The ELF Object File Format by Dissection
May 01, 1995 By Eric Youngdale
The Executable and Linking Format has been a popular topic lately, as people ask why the kernel configuration script asks whether or not to configure loading ELF executables. Since ELF will eventually be the common object file format for Linux binaries, it is appropriate to document it a bit. Last month, Eric introduced us to ELF, and this month, he gives us a guided tour of real ELF files.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- UX Designer
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development