The ELF Object File Format by Dissection
May 01, 1995 By Eric Youngdale
The Executable and Linking Format has been a popular topic lately, as people ask why the kernel configuration script asks whether or not to configure loading ELF executables. Since ELF will eventually be the common object file format for Linux binaries, it is appropriate to document it a bit. Last month, Eric introduced us to ELF, and this month, he gives us a guided tour of real ELF files.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- New Products
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible