The ELF Object File Format by Dissection
May 01, 1995 By Eric Youngdale
The Executable and Linking Format has been a popular topic lately, as people ask why the kernel configuration script asks whether or not to configure loading ELF executables. Since ELF will eventually be the common object file format for Linux binaries, it is appropriate to document it a bit. Last month, Eric introduced us to ELF, and this month, he gives us a guided tour of real ELF files.
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Debugging Democracy
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff