The ELF Object File Format: Introduction
Apr 01, 1995 By Eric Youngdale
The Executable and Linking Format (ELF) has been a popular topic lately. People wonder why the kernel configuations script asks whether or not to donfigure loading ELF executables. As ELF will eventually be the common object file format for Linux binaries, it is appropriate to document it a bit. This month, Eric introduces us to ELF, and next month he will give us a guided tour of real ELF files.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development