The ELF Object File Format: Introduction
Apr 01, 1995 By Eric Youngdale
The Executable and Linking Format (ELF) has been a popular topic lately. People wonder why the kernel configuations script asks whether or not to donfigure loading ELF executables. As ELF will eventually be the common object file format for Linux binaries, it is appropriate to document it a bit. This month, Eric introduces us to ELF, and next month he will give us a guided tour of real ELF files.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- RSS Feeds
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!