The ELF Object File Format: Introduction
Apr 01, 1995 By Eric Youngdale
The Executable and Linking Format (ELF) has been a popular topic lately. People wonder why the kernel configuations script asks whether or not to donfigure loading ELF executables. As ELF will eventually be the common object file format for Linux binaries, it is appropriate to document it a bit. This month, Eric introduces us to ELF, and next month he will give us a guided tour of real ELF files.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie
- RSS Feeds