The ELF Object File Format: Introduction
Apr 01, 1995 By Eric Youngdale
The Executable and Linking Format (ELF) has been a popular topic lately. People wonder why the kernel configuations script asks whether or not to donfigure loading ELF executables. As ELF will eventually be the common object file format for Linux binaries, it is appropriate to document it a bit. This month, Eric introduces us to ELF, and next month he will give us a guided tour of real ELF files.
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Django Templates
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- The AtoMiC Toolkit!
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- Privacy Is Personal
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
Enjoyed this preview? Get the full course FREE from Linux Journal and Pluralsight.