Reader Appreciation Month
June is Reader Appreciation Month here at Linux Journal. Make sure to visit our web site throughout the month, follow us on Twitter (@linuxjournal) and "Like" us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/linuxjournal) to find out about the great prizes, discounts and give-aways we have lined up for you!
Linux Journal is the community's magazine, and it has been since 1994. Last year we made what was at first a somewhat rocky transformation from print to the digital world, and you, our dear readers, stuck with us. We listened to what you suggested and released Android, iPhone and iPad apps as well as eBook versions for your Kindles, Nooks and other EPUB readers. Now Linux Journal boasts a larger paid subscription base than it did as a print magazine! To celebrate your support, this month, we honor YOU.
Current Promotions (announced regularly so keep checking back):
- $10 off subscription offer- includes an entry to win a Kindle Fire.
The contest to win a Kindle Fire expires June 27, 2012, at 11:59 PM CST. The
winner will be notified via email June 28, 2012.
1. Subscribe using the appropriate link above.
2. The contest is open to all of our subscribers.
3. Subscribers should renew/enter only once.
4. The drawing will be conducted by Linux Journal and decisions are
final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of renewals
and new subscriptions received during the time period the contest is run.
5. The subscription contest ends June 27, 2012, at 11:59 pm CST.
6. The Kindle Fire winner will be notified via email on June 28, 2012.
7. Twenty second-place winners will be awarded a Linux Journal 2011 eBook.
These winners will be notified by June 28, 2012.
One FREE current or back issue of Linux Journal available for download on Sunday, June 17, 2012. Use coupon code ONEFREE when checking out. http://lj.mybigcommerce.com/categories/Back-Issues-%252d-Digital-Downloads/
HALF OFF Linux Journal's 2011 Archive EPUB through this Friday, June 15! This popular EPUB includes all 2011 issues of Linux Journal. Use coupon code EPUB at check out. http://lj.mybigcommerce.com/products/Linux-Journal-2011-eBook.html
Share our "Win a Free Nook" image on Facebook to win! Contest closes Friday June 8, 2012 at 3pm CDT.
Free download of our Cool Projects Special Issue for your computer and/or EPUB reader (different links for each so make sure to follow them both if you want to redeem both versions). A $15.98 total value. Use coupon code COOLPROJECTS when checking out to redeem your free copies. Offer expires Monday, June 11.
Calendar image via Shutterstock.com.
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part I
- Machine Learning with Python
- SUSECON 2016: Where Technology Reigns Supreme
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Free Today: September Issue of Linux Journal (Retail value: $5.99)
- Bitcoin on Amazon! Sort of...
- Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told
- Securing the Programmer
- The Many Paths to a Solution
Pick up any e-commerce web or mobile app today, and you’ll be holding a mashup of interconnected applications and services from a variety of different providers. For instance, when you connect to Amazon’s e-commerce app, cookies, tags and pixels that are monitored by solutions like Exact Target, BazaarVoice, Bing, Shopzilla, Liveramp and Google Tag Manager track every action you take. You’re presented with special offers and coupons based on your viewing and buying patterns. If you find something you want for your birthday, a third party manages your wish list, which you can share through multiple social- media outlets or email to a friend. When you select something to buy, you find yourself presented with similar items as kind suggestions. And when you finally check out, you’re offered the ability to pay with promo codes, gifts cards, PayPal or a variety of credit cards.Get the Guide